Water Pipe Leak Repair Tampa Bay
A water pipe leak can be a serious problem often resulting in extensive damage to your business. Even small leaks left undetected can damage the building’s structure and lead to dangerous grow mold growth.
Hidden leaks can be found quickly with ultrasonic leak detection, saving you time and money.
For over 32 years, Grable Plumbing has been helping businesses like yours solve their water pipe problems. We understand the kinds of problems that cause leaks and have solutions available for any situation.
If you are experiencing a water pipe leak that is flooding your business right now:
- Immediately turn the water off to the building.
- If you are unsure how to turn the water off, call Grable Plumbing at (813) 239-3636 and we will tell you where to locate the shut-off.
- If you don’t feel comfortable turning the water off, let us know and Grable Plumbing will have a technician or supervisor there within minutes.
You can count on Grable Plumbing for a rapid response, quality work, great warranties and of course, our Excellent Peace of Mind Guarantee.
Pin-Hole Leaks on Copper Pipe. Some of Hillsborough County’s water has a corrosive effect on copper water pipes. This results in steady erosion of the pipe wall throughout the entire pipe system. As the pipe wall becomes thinner and thinner, pin-holes develop.
A building’s electrical system is often bonded or grounded to the water pipes. Although this practice may be an effective way to safely ground the electrical system, it can have disastrous consequences to the water pipes.
As the low voltage electrical current moves from the ground wire through the water pipes, it robs electrons from the metal pipe. This thins out the pipe wall and eventually causes the pipe to leak.
To spot the telltale signs of electrolysis look for:
- An unusual odor in the water
- Re-occurring leaks
- Staining of fixtures despite water conditioning
- One faucet may have green staining while others do not
- A few pipe joints are green with corrosion while others are not.
- Random and irregular corrosion visible on pipe joints
- Joints that are plugged with corrosion
High Water Bill. If your business’s water bill is suddenly higher than normal or you hear a hissing noise in the walls, you might be experiencing a hidden underground water leak.
Grable Plumbing has been diagnosing commercial water systems for over 32 years. Using the latest advances in ultrasonic leak detection and pipe-locating and mapping, we can quickly get to the source of the water loss with a minimum of disruption to your business, saving you time and money.