Water Heater Types Available In Today’s Market
At Grable Plumbing we are a full service Tampa plumber, here to provide you with the necessary information for your plumbing appliances. We have provided this article regarding the water heater types available in today’s market to educate you of your options. We offer new water heaters, new installs and repairs for existing equipment.
Popular water heater types used today include:
- Conventional or tank – Conventional water heaters use a tank usually about 20 – 80 gallons to keep water supply warm and ready to use. When the hot water tab is turned on, the tank releases hot water from the top of the tank while replenishing with fresh cold water to ensure your tank is always full.
- Tankless or Instant — Instant hot water heaters use high powered burners which warm the water quickly before being released into your home. Tankless systems range from point of application to whole house systems varying on size to water usage. Tankless or instant hot water systems can also safe space as they are a fraction of the size of a tank and can be installed on the exterior of a home.
- Heat pump — This works similarly to a tankless version, except that it transfers heat from one place to another instead of generating it directly to your water source.
- Solar — This uses panels to collect heat from the sun for use in your home. If you need assistance figuring out how to make the most of your solar panel, please contact us for more information regarding your location and water usage.
- Tankless coil/Indirect — Tankless coil and indirect systems both use your home’s space heating system to warm up your water. If you notice less pressure when turning on the faucet, or you notice your water does not heat at all, please do not hesitate to ask us to inspect it.
While most homes use a tank water heater system the tankless water heaters are quickly expanding to more and more homes due to the advantages of instant hot water that will never run out and space saving opportunities. If you have any questions regarding our water heater types or are in need of water heater repair, please contact us. Our staff is your knight in shining armor for all your plumbing needs since 1978. Proudly serving those in Tampa, Lutz, Brandon, Oldsmar, Westchase and surrounding Tampa Bay communities.