Tired of High Water Bills? The Most Trusted Plumbers in Tampa Tell You How to Save Money
When your monthly expenses start piling up, high water bills can just seem like the last nail in the coffin. But how can you reduce these costs when using water is unavoidable? The tried-and-trusted experts at Grable Plumbing are here to give you a few tips about saving water and knowing when water is being wasted because of a plumbing problem.
Making small adjustments in your water consumption habits can lead to big savings on those high monthly water bills. Try integrating each of the following changes into your bathroom, kitchen, and laundry routine to save cash and reduce your carbon footprint:
- Install a low-flow shower head, which can help reduce water consumption by 30 to 40 percent.
- Be sure to adjust your washer’s water-level settings when doing loads of different sizes.
- Only run the dishwasher when you have a full load, and avoid using too much water to pre-rinse dishes before placing them in the washer.
While tips like these can noticeably lower high water bills, they won’t help if you’ve got an underlying problem with your home or business’s plumbing system. But how do you know if water is being unnecessarily wasted due to a repair that needs to be made?
- Look – Study your monthly water bills. If you notice a sudden large jump in the amount of water being used, you may have a busted water line or a leaky water heater.
- Listen – Stand in your bathroom and kitchen and listen to see if you hear dripping faucets or continuously running water. Toilets that won’t stop running are a leading cause of wasted water.
- Learn – If you believe that a problem in the plumbing infrastructure of your home or business could be causing your high water bills, contact a reliable plumber to inspect your pipes for possible leaks.
If you would like a plumber from Grable Plumbing to inspect your home or business for water leaks of any kind, feel free to contact us today. We specialize in pipe mapping, ultrasonic leak detection, trenchless pipe replacement, video drain inspection, and much more. Our long-standing tradition of excellence and our Peace of Mind Guarantee have earned us accreditation from the Better Business Bureau, recognition from America’s top consumer rating companies, and the trust of our loyal customers.